Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hello blog world!

So here we go... This is my attempt at starting a blog. I am always dabbling in new things and love sharing my experiences with my friends and family. However, since not all of my loved ones are on facebook, I figured starting a blog would be a great way to access them. So a little about myself....


This is me and my handsome and wonderful fiance, Gantt. We met our first year of law school at Jones School of Law in Montgomery, Alabama. It wasn't long before we fell in love and knew it was meant to be. We will both graduate May 21, 2011 and take the bar the last week of July. As you can see from our save the date, we are getting married SEPTEMBER 17, 2011!!

...We...Can't...Wait... 








This is my doggie, Jock.


He is my child...






 
I graduated from AuburnUniversity in 2008 where I was a Phi Mu.
Ahhh...Heaven
After college, I came to law school in Montgomery, Alabama at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law....

Ahhh....law school...not so heavenly
So what you can expect from this blog:
  • Lots of arts and crafts projects
  • Some recipes
  • Sharing of some of the things happening in my life
  • Some of my dream vacation locations
  • Lots of references to Southern Living and the Southern Way of Life
  • Tons of pictures of Jock
  • and more!
For my first post, I think something related to Easter would be appropriate considering it is less than TWO days away.

For anyone who knows me, I LOVE holidays and I LOOVVVEEE decorating for them even more! There is nothing that says Easter in the South better than seersucker. Seersucker very much a Southern Tradition. Because the material is lightweight and breathable, it is perfect for enduring the summer heat. In fact, there is even a "Seersucker Thursday" in the United States Senate. Here is an exerpt from the US Senate Website:
Seersucker Thursday

In the years before air conditioning made summertime Washington bearable, senators from the South had much to teach their colleagues from other regions about proper attire. As spring merged into summer, southern senators shed their heavy-wool black frock coats for lighter linen and cotton garments. In 1907, a New Orleans clothier made summer wear more comfortable by designing a light-weight suit in pale blue and white striped rumpled cotton fabric. He named that fabric “seersucker,” from Persian words meaning “milk and sugar.” Seersucker suits became widely popular because they retained their fashionable good looks despite the frequent washing that humid summers made necessary. 
The post goes on to explain how Senator Trent Lot proposed "Seersucker Thursday" in 1990 to give rememberance to the day in time when Seersucker was not only a fashion statement, but a necessity in surviving the heat. Being a fashionable guy himself and a victim to his mother's torture, Jock will be the epitome of a Southern gentleman on Easter  and with  be sporting a seersucker bowtie. I bought this bowtie a couple of weeks ago off of Etsy....

I know, I know...Ridiculously Cute!


More pictures to come...

0 comments: