Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And We're Back...

Hello World! We're back! I'm so embarrassed to admit that it's been a month since my last post, but in all fairness Gantt and I were pretty much removed from society for about 9 weeks while we were studying for the bar. But now the bar is OVER and we have been reintroduced into world!!! It sure has been a whirlwind the past week! Right after the bar, we headed to Nashville for Gantt's Cousin, Graham's, Wedding. From Nashville back to Montgomery and Gantt to Dothan where he started work! My sister and I went to market is Atlanta then came back to Montgomery where I had to pack both mine and Gantt's houses. That weekend is where the real fun began...Gantt and I moved to Dothan! We have officially moved all of our stuff into one household. Now we just have to wait for the wedding to get here!

Now that I'm not stuck in a chair all day reading, I have been super busy with tons of DIY projects all of which I can't wait to share! But first I have to find my camera USB somewhere in all the boxes. So check back in a couple of days.

One idea I have been trying to generate is what am I going to do for Gantt's birthday on August 21st?!? With this thought process, I wanted to share the birthday cake I made him last year...

Here is a little background on the cake: Gantt and I LOVE New Orleans. We go every year and had even discussed possibly getting married there. The culture, the food, the atmosphere, EVERYTHING about the Crescent City always leaves us wanting more. Gantt also grew up in New Orleans so needless to say it is a very special place to him. One thing that Gantt always has to have when we go to Nola is crawfish. He is the crawfish king! Gantt can take down the contents of a crawfish/shrimp  boil in record time. No joke...if I ever find a crawfish boil eating competition like they have those hotdog competitions, Gantt has to enter. It was all these reasons that I decided to make this the surprise theme of Gantt's cake. When I asked him what flavor he wanted his cake to be, he said one layer strawberry, one chocolate, and one vanilla. I know...that's kind of strange, but he said he couldn't decide which flavor of my homemade cakes that he liked the most. I decided to go with it...Here is Gantt's Crawfish Boil/ Mardi Gras Birthday Cake! It's going to be tough to top this one...






0 comments: