Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dresser Redo!

For our new apartment in Dothan, I completely revamped an old wood dresser that I found on Craigslist for $40!!!!! Here are some pictures from that project...

Very yucky brown color but I loved the details

I primed it with gray

Painted it a blue-gray color

GLAZING!!!
 This was my first attempt at glazing furniture, and I must confess, I'm now slightly obsessed. It was SOOO easy! I mixed about 2 parts glaze with one part stain (you can also use any paint color you want). Then all you have to do is brush it on and let it sit for about 15-30 minutes. Wipe it off using an old towel, and DONE!


This is how the piece looked after glazing. It really brings out the detailing

I did a little distressing

And here it is! I spray painted the handles silver. I will take a better picture of the dresser once we get a little more settled in the apartment! 



1 comments:

Nancy said...

I love this Niki! You are right, those drawer pulls especially are unique and beautiful! You've inspired me to look on Craigs List!